Reports To: Engineering Manager
Revision Date: 09/11/2017
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
We are looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer. The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for developing electrical systems designs, coordinating with other engineering disciplines to optimize Phoenix’s electrical systems. This design engineer will handle system design, panel layout, cable and harness design, and occasionally PCBs. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in both design and test, proactively confirming system’s and component’s capabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create system schematics using AutoCAD Electrical
- Read design specifications and technical drawings
- Develop verification plans for designs and execute verification tests
- Test development tests as necessary to prove adequate design margin
- Design PCBs in ORCAD
- Drive designs through engineering change process
- Coordinate with all engineering disciplines to optimize system design
- Select detail components and support selection of system components
- Minimum of 5 years design experience
- BS EE or equivalent experience
- Skilled in laboratory environment
- Safety conscious
- Experience with typical electronic test equipment including oscilloscope
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Ability to travel occasionally is preferred
Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.