Quality Assurance Technician
Job Title: Quality Assurance Technician
Reports To: Quality Manager
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Quality Assurance Technician assures consistent quality of production by assisting with development and enforcement of quality management systems, validating processes, and maintaining appropriate documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports Operations with establishing written specs and quality attributes for raw materials, WIP, and finished product.
- Supports Operations with developing validation processes and protocols.
- Creates and implements inspection protocols/SOPs for both materials and production and ensures these inspection activities are properly reported and filed according to the Quality System procedure(s).
- Inspect incoming materials, WIP, and final product for conformance to specifications.
- Audit production area for conformance to process specifications.
- Inform stakeholders of any out-of-spec or negative trends. Assist with related investigations.
- Maintain QA records.
- Monitor all aspects of production for compliance to SOP’s, safety standards and regulations.
- Maintain testing schedule and provide QA support for manufacturing operations.
- Verify accuracy of work by production (i.e. verification of inspection equipment, and doc control).
- Conduct visual and/or physical plant inspection in accordance to ISO standards/requirements.
- Provide training to employees including new hires and maintain training records and matrix
- Perform all quality testing as outlined in QMS and ensure regulatory requirements are met
- Support with raw material /finished product holds, records, disposition and root cause analysis
- Manage and maintain SOP, documentation and records
- Review / monitor consumer complaints and perform complaint closure as needed
- Conduct random sampling of sources to meet requirements and analyze results
- Complete projects assigned by Quality Manager
- Experience within an ISO Manufacturing environment is a plus
- Fluent computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective oral and written communication and basic mathematical skills
- Ability to understand, performs, interprets and records testing procedures.
- Solid decision making skills, good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency while maintaining safety standards.
- Ability to stoop, bend, lift, twist, and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50 pounds.
"Eligibility for employment is conditioned on the applicant's ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, applicant's eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check."