senior Electrical Engineer
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Revision Date: 03/27/2018
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
We are looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to guide development of the next
generation of Phoenix’ electrical systems. The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for
architecting the complete electrical system for Phoenix’ neutron generators and ion implanters.
This could include design of panels, cables and harnesses, or circuit boards. The ideal candidate
will have a strong background in design, assembly, and test of industrial electrical systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create system schematics using AutoCAD Electrical
- Read system requirements and translate those into electrical design requirements
- Develop and execute verification plans for designs
- Assist with system startup and commissioning
- Design PCBs using ORCAD
- Drive designs through complete development cycle through transition to production
- Coordinate with all disciplines to optimize system design
- Select electrical components and support selection of system components
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years industry design experience
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical
- Skilled in laboratory environment
- Experience with electrical test equipment, including DMM, oscilloscope, and soldering
- Good troubleshooting skills
"Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check."