Job Title: Service Technician
Reports To: Service Manager
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Service Logistics Technician is responsible for both periodic field equipment maintenance and repair activities and a variety of in-house service support activities required to support field service logistics. The SLT is appropriately trained and dispatched to the field for both planned and unplanned service actions. This entails independent and team actions at times of installation, preventative maintenance and required break-fix episodes. The SLT monitors and coordinates inventory, technical support and documentation requirements for general and specific field support requirements. When not engaged in Service specific activities, the SLT provides a variety of support activities for engineering that includes both the assembly and test functions of electrical, mechanical and electrical-mechanical assemblies. This includes testing and qualification of parts and service protocol validation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform field actions and repairs at customer sites both independently and as part of a team. This includes installation and commissioning activities.
- Debug and trouble shoot customer equipment in order to determine root cause of equipment failures or performance issues in the field and repair appropriately
- Provide in house support for field actions.
- Build functional test set-ups and prototypes to support the qualification of field inventory and validate the integrity of repair protocols. This may be done in conjunction with manufacturing engineering.
- Assemble and test selected electrical and mechanical assemblies.
- Analyze, debug and repair service components and assemblies from circuit boards to assembled proprietary and non-proprietary modules.
- Develop and document service related test and assembly processes and specifications.
- Participate in Engineering design reviews both formal and informal to represent the service function.
- Coordinate and control service specific inventory requirements
- Work with outside services (Suppliers, consultants, sub-contractors) along with internal company departments to facilitate service support for the materials and engineering to support field service projects whether customer specific or general in nature.
- Assist in creating document and specifications in conjunction with the PNL new product development process and ISO-9001-2015 requirements. Provide input to Marketing and sales for customer quotations in terms of service programs and contracts.
- BS in a related Engineering discipline is required
- 3 - 5 years of experience in technical environment
- Must have mechanical/electrical aptitude and general disposition to repair complicated systems in remote locations maintaining good customer relations.
- Ability to trouble-shoot systems. Must have test experience necessary to understand nuances of various test methods and equipment, when to apply what techniques/tools for a given situation, and how to interpret collected data
- Ability to develop and build test setups in order to qualify parts and processes.
- Must be independently driven with leadership skills to ensure that service related projects are completed on time to expectations.
- Must possess solid analytical skills in order to coordinate the planning and purchase of service inventory utilizing the SAP business system.
- Must be able to document test setups, procedures, data, etc. to a level that will allow repeatability by another person at a later date. have ability to make changes to design to bring into specifications that the engineers had desired with original design.
- Additional positive skills include knowledge of SAP or similar ERP management systems.
- Excellent communication skills along with demonstrated ability to deal with stressful situations
"Eligibility for employment is conditioned on the applicant's ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, applicant's eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check."