Department: Controls Engineering
Reports To: Senior Software Engineer
Revision Date: 08/29/17
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Control System Test Engineer to design and develop process, techniques and tools for testing embedded particle accelerator control systems using simulation and Hardware in the Loop (HIL). Work with key stakeholders to create test strategies. Develop plans to perform and analyze functional testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build Hardware in the Loop (HIL) testing capabilities for testing embedded control systems to be deployed to a variety of Phoenix systems
- Design and build simulation models for Phoenix systems for control algorithm development and software testing
- Develop automated test sequences for subsystem and system level control system integration testing
- Support deployment of control system updates and upgrades to deployed systems
- Write test procedures and test protocols
- Analyze test results
- Create test reports
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop requirements
- Collaborate with system engineers to make sure requirements are testable
- Participate in group code reviews
- 5+ years of experience doing HIL testing
- BS Degree in ME/EE
- PC Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other technical software)
Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.