Software test Engineer
Department: Controls Engineering
Reports To: Software Engineer
Revision Date: 03/27/18
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Control SystemTest Engineer to design and develop the process, techniques, and tools for
testing the control systems for Phoenix’ neutron generators and ion implanters. Specify and
develop an Hardware in the Loop (HIL) platform suitable for full system simulation and
validation testing. Work with key stakeholders to create test strategies. Develop and execute
functional test plans for software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a Hardware in the Loop (HIL) platform to support control system development
- Design and build models of physical plant to support algorithm development
- Develop automated test sequences for control system integration testing
- Support deployment of control system updates and upgrades to deployed systems
- Develop and execute software test plans
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop testable requirements
- 5+ years of experience in HIL testing
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Computer Science or equivalent
- PC Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other technical software)
"Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check."