Reports To: VP of Operations
Revision Date: 08/15/2017
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
We are looking for experienced Systems Engineers to guide the end-to-end engineering of our products, including neutron generators, radiography systems, and ion implanters. This position works closely with the customer and/or project manager to develop requirements for each project. The Systems Engineer designs system architectures and performs the necessary modeling to evaluate the behavior of a given design. This position interacts with all disciplines to guide the development of detail product designs. The ideal candidate will possess experience with developing complex electro-mechanical and software systems, and be capable of analyzing the tradeoffs of a given system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop stakeholder through product design requirements with full traceability
- Participate in troubleshooting of electro-mechanical systems, including high voltage power supplies, ion sources, accelerators, and automated control systems
- Guide development of system verification and validation test plans
- Contribute technical best practices across all engineering disciplines
- BS in a related Engineering discipline or equivalent technical experience is required, MS is preferred
- 10+ years of experience in Electrical, Mechanical, Controls, or Systems Engineering
- Proficiency with data analysis and modeling tools, such as Matlab and Python, is preferred
- Experience with high reliability systems design is preferred
- Strong technical skills with high voltage, ECR ion sources, and automated controls are preferred
- Relevant design experience is preferred
Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.