NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
We are looking for an Accountant to join our team. This is a great opportunity with long-term potential as our company continues to grow. Ideal candidates will lead and drive change by recognizing opportunity and implementing efficiencies while accurately maintaining Accounting records.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare all needed journal entries to finalize the monthly close including cash, payroll, amortization, depreciation, subcontractor accruals, and interest expense
- Daily monitoring of cash accounts and processing of ACH transactions and wire transfers
- Account reconciliations including cash, prepaids, fixed assets and intangibles
- Process bi-weekly payroll including employee reimbursements
- Weekly and monthly labor reporting
- Fixed asset and intangibles (patents) accounting and recordkeeping
- Accounts Receivable including invoicing
- Sales & Use Tax filings
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree in Accounting required. Bachelors’ degree preferred
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Accounting Systems (SAP Business One experience preferred)
- Experience using Paylocity preferred
- Experience with government contracts preferred
Phoenix offers an exceptional benefit and compensation package in a transparent, collaborative team environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If this opportunity piques your interest and you feel Phoenix may be the organization for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
“Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.”