NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Responsible for manufacturing and assembly of complex electrical and mechanical components and assemblies, including first of a kind and prototype builds. Produces components with limited instruction according to design documentation including schematics, models, drawings, and other work instructions. Test and verify components and assemblies using electrical testing and/or precision measurement equipment. Troubleshoots and repairs problems found during testing. Works with design and production personnel to improve manufacturability, assembly process and test procedures. Maintains required records of production and reports any inconsistencies or issues following standard procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build first of a kind and prototype assemblies with limited instructions
- Perform I/O checks, troubleshoot and repair problems found during testing
- Assist in the documentation of new processes
- Assemble a large variety of specialized electro-mechanical components and subsystems
- Assemble electrical control panels, including point to point to point wiring, and installation of a wide variety of electronic and electro-mechanical components.
- Conduct testing and validation of output following test procedures
- Inspect and clean components before assembly
- Maintain required production records and provide feedback
- Interact with engineering staff both verbally and in written form
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work area
- Perform job duties with minimal instruction or supervision
- Limited travel as required
- 5-10 years of electrical assembly experience, or similar experience from working in a technical environment
- Ability to interpret schematics, drawings, solid models and bills of material
- Ability to build and test with limited instruction
- Elevated level of competence in the use of various hand and power tools, fabrication skills are a plus
- Independent worker with excellent communication skills
- Experience in interacting with engineering personnel in a technical capacity
- Familiarity with vacuum component handling and testing is desired
- Familiarity with safe lifting/rigging concepts is desired
- Desire to learn innovative technologies and concepts
- Proficient using computers for viewing and modifying documentation and general office use
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Flexibility to work various shifts preferred
Phoenix offers an exceptional benefit and compensation package in a transparent, collaborative team environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If this opportunity piques your interest and you feel Phoenix may be the organization for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
“Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.”