NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Controller is accountable for the accounting operations of Phoenix Nuclear Holding Company (PNHC). This includes the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work alongside the CFO to establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, and forecasts, and financial reporting.
- Oversee the month end closing process to ensure accurate and timely completion of financial statements.
- Monitor financial activities and details, such as cash inflows and outflows, labor hours and inventory consumption.
- Analyze variances to budgets and forecasts and assess impact.
- Work with external auditors and provide needed information for annual financial audits.
- Work with external tax accountants and provided needed information for annual tax return preparation.
- Develop and enforce internal control policies to maximize protection of company assets and the integrity of the financial statements.
- Perform other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Ten years or more of related experience required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, with excellent analytical skills.
- Experience with SAP Business One a plus.
Phoenix offers an exceptional benefit and compensation package in a transparent, collaborative team environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If this opportunity piques your interest and you feel Phoenix may be the organization for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
“Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.”