We are a growing company seeking a motivated individual to join the team as a Cyber Security Intern. The purpose of the Cyber Security intern is to obtain the knowledge and skill set necessary to perform Cyber Security functions, and assist professional staff with monitoring, detecting, and responding to cyber threats. The intern will work closely with a mentor, and IT management to provide support to various applications. The individual will be assigned to assist with one or more of the following:
- Endpoint Security
- Network Security
- Intrusion Prevention
- Threat Hunting
- Vulnerability Management
- Penetration Testing
- Reputation Monitoring
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with evaluating, designing, monitoring, administering and/or implementing cyber security systems, protections and capabilities.
- Monitor tools for malicious activity and respond to threats under guidance from the IT Administrator. Log all issues and resolutions.
- Diagnose and resolve entry level cyber threats.
- Provide clients with step-by-step instructions on how to remediate an infected computer.
- Communicate with IT Administrator on recent cyber activity and determine resolutions.
- Provide support for active cyber investigations.
- Attend meetings; special events, webinars and submit a weekly status report.
- Research and recommend one security tool that could be used in our environment, explain the benefits, and conduct a proof of concept.
- Participate in design meetings and document technical requirements for new project requests.
- Small development projects including custom programming and reporting.
- Working towards Bachelors or Associates Degree in computer science or related field preferred. Junior level class standing or above preferred
- One (1) year of experience in the Computer Science or Information Technology field or three (2) years of Computer Science college level classes preferred.
- Aptitude for technology, and an interest in the information technology, or other computer science fields.
- Solid knowledge of information technologies and systems.
- Proven ability to function in a team environment, supporting team members when needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and ability to be flexible and responsive.
- Analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.