NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to aid in the development of computational software for data analysis. The ideal candidate would be capable of leading data analysis algorithm development for real-time and post-processing tools, optimization of existing data analysis algorithm packages, and aiding in design of software architecture and hierarchy for computational software packages.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architect and develop software for processing and interpreting various signals from radiation detectors
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, reliable, and well-tested code
- Perform statistical analysis on large datasets, communicate key findings, and guide algorithm changes based on results
- Develop algorithms for automated signal detection utilizing advanced techniques such as PCA, machine learning, etc.
- Strong proficiency in computational software development
- Experience with algorithm development based on underlying physics
- Thorough knowledge of the standard library as specified by ISO and ANSI
- Proficiency in understanding and utilizing code versioning tools
- Proficiency in developing test-oriented software for unit and integration testing
- Background in classical and modern physics
- MS/Ph.D. degree in relevant engineering, programming, or scientific field, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of industry experience
- Languages: C++, Python, Go
- Experience with radiography and image analysis
- Experience with radiation transport modeling
Phoenix offers an exceptional benefit and compensation package in a transparent, collaborative team environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If this opportunity piques your interest and you feel Phoenix may be the organization for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
“Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.”