NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Phoenix is seeking a database developer with significant database experience to design and implement data management solutions for current and future systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with stakeholders to determine requirements for new back end data logging and management for particle accelerator systems
- Develop, implement, and manage a database solution to be deployed on instruments in the field and internal infrastructure
- Develop and implement protocols for remote monitoring and management over networks and “sneaker net”
- Manage the life cycle of data for in-house systems that include data integrity, security, and backup
- Work with customers in the field to resolve issues and develop custom patches
- Experience successfully implementing open source full stack solutions, e.g. Linux, Apache/Tomcat, MySQL/PostGreSQL, Python/Java
- Extensive experience in database design and management
- Familiarity with modern UI frameworks and technologies
- Experience with data interchange, query, and storage formats, e.g., JSON, XML, SQL, HDF5
- BS degree in relevant engineering, programming, or scientific field
- 5+ years of industry experience
- C / C# experience
- Experience gathering and working towards stakeholder requirements
- Experience with Agile development practices
Phoenix offers an exceptional benefit and compensation package in a transparent, collaborative team environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If this opportunity peaks your interest and you feel Phoenix may be the organization for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
“Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.”