Phoenix, LLC, a wholly owned division of SHINE Medical Technologies, is hiring a Director of Project Management. The Director of Project Management leads the Project Leadership Team, consisting of 8-10 Project Managers & Systems Engineers. This team is responsible for leading new product development at Phoenix, including the developing and maintaining the project plans, budgets, requirements, and resources required for on-time delivery by coordinating the various activities required in new product development, including responsibility for conformance to the applicable safety and regulatory requirements. Additionally, the Director will develop and implement project management processes and policies, including tools, techniques, and training for both the Project Leadership Team and the company at large.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, manage, mentor, and coach the Project Leadership team
- Continuously evaluate the organization to identify opportunities for improvement, then drive that improvement
- Work with various stakeholders within the organization to establish and revise procedures, best practices, and operational frameworks to ensure efficient and effective use of resources
- Establish on-going training for the organization on best practices of project management and execution
- Provide regular status updates to all levels of the organization for active projects
- Ensure the projects are compliant to our Quality Management System
- Oversee development of new project proposals, partnering with the Project leadership and the Sales & Marketing teams
- Assist leadership in establishing organizational budgets
- Act as project manager on key company initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or comparable technical degree – suitable work experience in a technically related field may be considered in lieu of formal education
- At least 10 years’ experience in project management for new product development in a technical industry such as scientific instrumentation, medical equipment or related industry, leading an engineering team with responsibility for meeting strict deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent group facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment.
- Good customer relations skills
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, tools, and software
- Experience in business processes such as product development, product release and quality control
- Experience using project management tools. Experience with Wrike preferred.
- Solid understanding of the use of engineering tools such as SolidWorks, version control and defect tracking systems
- Experience in assessing and delivering to customer requirements
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills, including the use of standard office software programs including spreadsheet, word-processing, and project management applications
- Experience navigating the regulatory environments preferred