NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Phoenix is seeking an Electrical Engineer to work in a creative, fast-paced environment with lots of interesting and diverse projects. The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for developing electrical systems, circuit boards, panels, power supplies, cables, while coordinating with other engineering disciplines to optimize our electrical designs.
If you want a refreshing work environment, like to have fun, make money with great benefits, and be part of a great team with the best coworkers – then Phoenix is the right place for you! When your part of the Phoenix team, you’ll do important work, like helping our customers to:
- Manufacture medical radioisotopes to support the treatment of the 56,000 American patients that need it each day
- Test turbine blades before they are assembled into jet engines
- Verify the proper content of nuclear fuel rods
- Identify and locate buried explosive devices
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in both design and test proactively confirming system and component capabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- New product design including but not limited to, cabinets, panels, cabling and circuit boards
- Create all required engineering documentation including but not limited to, schematics, BOMs and cable documentation
- Work within the electrical team on complex engineering problems
- Provide support in system acceptance testing and validation activities
- Execute development tests as necessary to prove adequate design margin
- Evaluate designs for cost, manufacturability, and performance goals and drive design changes through the engineering change process
- Lead design reviews on assigned designs
- Coordinate with all engineering disciplines to optimize system design
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years design experience
- Knowledge of UL, NEC and NFPA standards
- Skilled in laboratory environment
- Experience with typical electronic test equipment
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Ability to travel occasionally is preferred
- Good communications skills
- Good technical documentation skills
Phoenix offers an exceptional benefit and compensation package in a transparent, collaborative team environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If this opportunity piques your interest and you feel Phoenix may be the organization for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
“Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.”