NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Electrical Technician provides a variety of engineering support activities. These include both the development and assembly of electrical, mechanical, and electro-mechanical assemblies. This function also develops tests and test fixtures to validate design concepts, reviews designs, suggests changes, and implements design changes. The Electrical Technician works closely with design engineers to validate electrical components and assemblies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and build functional test set-ups and prototype circuits, including high power AC and DC level circuits
- Assemble and test electrical and mechanical assemblies, with and without written instructions
- Analyze, debug, and repair components and assemblies
- Execute design verification tests in accordance with specifications and requirements
- Develop and document test and assembly processes and specifications
- Participate in engineering design reviews
- Coordinate with external vendors and internal clients to facilitate design projects
- Associates degree in Electrical Engineering or comparable experience in electrical technology
- 3-5 years’ experience in a technical environment
- Proficient electrical and mechanical aptitude to build test setups and prototypes
- Proficient experience with testing of electrical circuits and equipment
- Good communication skills, particularly documenting test results and required design improvements
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical, or interest in learning, is preferred
Phoenix offers an exceptional benefit and compensation package in a transparent, collaborative team environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If this opportunity piques your interest and you feel Phoenix may be the organization for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
“Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.”