Reports To: Engineering Manager
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
We are looking for an experienced Embedded Software Engineer to design, develop and test custom Phoenix control systems for neutron generators. This position works with a small team to develop new Phoenix technology. The ideal candidate will have substantial embedded design experience with strong software development skills and a track record of working with a team to develop viable control solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, integrate, and test embedded software for real-time control architecture
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and fix analog circuitry with or without schematics
- Read and understand electrical schematics
- Assemble and wire electromechanical components per mechanical drawings and schematics
- Responsible for the design and implementation of microcontrollers, device drivers, power management, ARM processors, performance optimization, file systems, bootloading, firmware, x86 assembly, system BIOS or hardware/software integration.
- Troubleshooting and debugging with oscilloscope, function generators, network analyzers, logic analyzers
- 7+ years of experience
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering
- C, C++, Python, Linux Bash shell scripts proficiency
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
Phoenix offers an exceptional benefit and compensation package in a transparent, collaborative team environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If this opportunity peaks your interest and you feel Phoenix may be the organization for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
“Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.”