NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Phoenix is looking for interns to perform a variety of roles throughout the design, development, assembly, and testing of our neutron generator and ion implanter products. Interns assist engineering staff of all disciplines, including electrical, mechanical, controls, and research.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble and test electrical and mechanical assemblies
- Learn proper lab and shop operating procedures
- Assist with documentation of assembly, operation, or test procedures as necessary
- Assist with day-to-day functions in the lab, including cleaning, material handling, and test execution
- Assist with troubleshooting of systems in close collaboration with R&D and Design Engineering teams
- Support assembly technicians as needed
- High school diploma required.
- Enrollment in college engineering program preferred.
- Interest in science, physics, electronics, or mechanics.
- Experience troubleshooting complex problem.
- Experience with high vacuum systems, plasma sources and ion beams preferred.
- Experience with a variety of tools including standard hand and machine tools, and basic electrical tools preferred.
- Willingness to contribute in a breadth of areas and roles.