NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Phoenix is seeking an experienced facilities manager to join our fast-growing company. The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring proper function, condition and safety of our facilities infrastructure. The facilities manager is responsible for maintenance and repair of three existing Phoenix facilities by performing basic maintenance, or planning, bidding, and directing third party vendors. This position will also serve as the central point of contact during construction of our new headquarters building, acting as the interface between the general contractor and internal staff. This position will coordinate, bid, and manage capital improvement projects.
The position works with others to resolve building concerns in a timely manner. The facilities manager will handle data management, generation of building maintenance/upkeep related reports, and recommendations for improvements to strategies and practices of future building maintenance/upkeep.
The position may be on-call and available for both planned and emergency building issues 24 hours per day. This person will drive best business practices to manage resources, services and processes to meet the needs of our company and will report to the Director of Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordinating all installations and rework/refurb including:
- Responsible for general building maintenance and repairs. This includes performing the maintenance, coordinating with internal resources, or external vendors/contractors.
- Maintain and coordinate work needed for the upkeep and required modifications to Phoenix’s multiple buildings.
- Serve as primary contact on issues pertaining to facilities, both inside and outside spaces.
- Contact and coordinate with various external vendors.
- Prepare and schedule work to resolve problems and address requests. Follow through is critical to ensure questions and situations have been resolved.
- Responsible for building access, keycard management, and security.
- Relationship management and scheduling of recurring services (e.g. custodial services).
- Ensure mechanical systems associated with heating, air conditioning, and related chillers, fans, pumps, motors, ducting, heat exchangers, and electrical/pneumatic control systems operate properly.
- Assess and allocate space requirements as company needs change.
- Serve as central point of contact on headquarters constructions for both general contractor and internal staff.
- Budget, bid, award and install all internal furnishings at new headquarters.
- Plan and coordinating the move to new headquarters beginning end of Q4 2020.
- Optimize use of space while keeping operating costs to a minimum.
- Ensure compliance with all safety, municipality and security protocols.
- Participate in safety, environmental and health control management for the company.
- Drive facility layout and flow efficiency improvements in conjunction with Manufacturing and Engineering management.
- Serve as primary contact for building-related emergencies, such as broken pipes, power loss, heating/air conditioning problems, street and parking lot closings, building access interruptions or other building/construction-related issues.
- Monitor and coordinate maintenance of building equipment, maintaining location and repair contact information. Keep and maintain inventory of all attic stock and maintenance manuals.
- Provide routine updates on facility-related issues (e.g. maintenance and repairs, remodeling projects, furniture and equipment needs, etc.).
- Be available for handling after-hours emergency situations that may arise as assigned.
- Assign, issue building authorization access and maintain security records and keys.
- Maintain adequate and appropriate physical security of keys.
- Comply with police, fire and other services policies and procedures regarding building security and access.
- Oversee the maintenance and servicing of fire alarm, fire protection systems and AED Device inspections. Attend biannual fire inspections and carry out recommendations for meeting fire code. Coordinate annual fire drills.
- Maintain connection to emergency warning systems (weather radio, Dane County Emergency Alerts, UWPD emergency alerts, etc.) and relay appropriate alerts to building occupations.
- Provide additional furniture requested by faculty or staff.
- Assist HR in locating office space for new employees or visitors.
- Minimum 7 years of facilities management or similar experience.
- BS/BA in Facilities Management, Civil Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Well-versed in technical and engineering operations and facilities management.
- Ability to understand complex electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems.
- Strong communication skills, ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Excellent project management, organization, negotiation and leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of procurement and contracts.
- Experience in health, safety and environmental management preferred.
- Knowledge of health and safety codes applicable to buildings and grounds.
- Basic understanding of blueprints, designs and drawings, schematics, etc.
- Ability to operate hand tools, testing instruments and small power tools common to building maintenance and repair.
- Strong administrative support and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; ability to set priorities and function in a fast-paced office environment; and meet set deadlines.
- Ability to set priorities, investigate alternative solutions, and solve problems within parameters of the position description.
- Ability to participate in teams and facilitate teamwork.
- Knowledge of record keeping practices, filing, and archival procedures.
Phoenix offers an exceptional benefit and compensation package in a transparent, collaborative team environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If this opportunity peaks your interest and you feel Phoenix may be the organization for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
“Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.”