NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) supports and manages onsite and remote technical support, onsite resolution of customer equipment problems and a variety of in-house service activities. The FSE is appropriately trained and dispatched to the field for both planned and unplanned service activities.
The Field Service Engineer may have non-traditional working hours with limited notice due to the nature of service work. When not engaged in Service-specific activities, the FSE may support for manufacturing, R&D and test activities. Substantial travel is expected, up to 50% of the year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, repair, upgrade and maintain Phoenix systems at customer sites both individually and as part of a team;
- Satisfy customers by providing prompt support to customer calls and efficient troubleshooting of technical problems;
- Assist in training other Phoenix team members and customer personnel in the proper operation and maintenance of the systems;
- Communicate with headquarters personnel regarding customer concerns with product performance;
- Complete timely documentation of work activities
- Review and develop service documentation;
- Contribute to designs of service tools and test equipment;
- Innovate service-related improvements to the product;
- Support manufacturing, R&D and testing activities as required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in field service of large, complex industrial electromechanical equipment or Bachelor’s degree in engineering with minimum of 2 years’ experience;
- Ability to work remotely without close supervision and to independently schedule and organize service activities;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with electrical and mechanical equipment
- Experience with radiation-generating equipment, especially particle accelerator technology (e.g. HV power supplies, vacuum, RF, electromagnets);
- Former military or nuclear industry experience;
- Willing to reside in either Wilmington, NC, or Columbia SC areas
Phoenix offers an exceptional benefit and compensation package in a transparent, collaborative team environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If this opportunity piques your interest and you feel Phoenix may be the organization for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
“Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.”