NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
We are looking to expand our Engineering Management team here at Phoenix! We are looking for a working Mechanical Engineering Manager.
When you are part of the Phoenix team, you’ll do interesting work, like helping our customers to:
- Manufacture medical radioisotopes to support the treatment of more than 50,000 Americans each day
- Test turbine blades before they are assembled into jet engines for both military & commercial jets
- Verify the proper content of nuclear fuel rods before they go into reactors
- Identify & locate buried improvised explosive devices
- Create the next generation of technology in the semiconductor industry
The Mechanical Engineering Manager will manage the mechanical engineering team, setting goals and assignments while motivating and leading staff as required to meet the objectives and deadlines of projects as scheduled by the business. The Mechanical Engineering Manager is charged with implementing and improving design and engineering processes and documentation in order to meet professional engineering standards and to meet or exceed ISO 9001-2015 requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hires, manages, and reviews engineers, designers, & technicians. Provides direction and motivation for these and any related teams of professional engineers and technicians.
- Develops the budgets and capital expenditure needs for the department.
- Develops partnerships with contractors to aid the team as needed.
- Works effectively with the project managers and other functional managers to develop coherent, achievable project requirements, plans, schedules, and milestones.
- Facilitates the accomplishment of project milestones within the Mechanical Engineering Team.
- Ensures the completion of deliverables and the adherence to timelines, making alterations when necessary to meet expectations.
- Develops team standard operating procedures that ensure effective and professional product development. Ensures that these processes meet internal Phoenix design standards and auditable requirements for ISO 9001-2015.
- Supports Business Development efforts by participating in occasional customer interface and in supplying relevant technical information to meet customer bid requirements.
- BS Engineering/related field or equivalent experience; advanced education and/or related certifications are a plus
- 10 plus years’ experience in a technical industry, preferable leading an engineering team with responsibility for meeting strict deadlines.
- Proficient leadership management skills
- Highly skilled in verbal and written communications; effective organizational skills
- Adaptable to change in the work environment
- Demonstrated project management skills, principles, techniques, tools, and software
- Excellent computer skills: MS Office and SolidWorks
- Experience with business process in an ISO 9001 or similar environment
Phoenix offers an exceptional benefit and compensation package in a transparent, collaborative team environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If this opportunity piques your interest and you feel Phoenix may be the organization for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
“Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.”