NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
When you are part of the Madison, WI-based Phoenix team, you will be a part of a team doing important work like helping our customers to:
- Manufacture medical radioisotopes to support the treatment of thousands of patients that need it each day
- Non-destructively test turbine blades before they are assembled into jet engines
- Verify the quality of nuclear fuel rods prior to shipment to power plants
- Identify and locate buried explosive devices and concealed narcotics
- Develop cutting-edge particle accelerator technologies supporting clean fusion energy
- Many other developing market verticals leveraging Phoenix’s core neutron generation technology
The NDT Level III – X-ray is a NAS410 and ASNT certified Level III X-ray radiography responsible for developing, implementing, promoting and maintaining a commercial X-ray nondestructive services offering at the Phoenix Neutron Imaging Center (PNIC). This includes expanding Phoenix’s existing NDT quality, training, and certification beyond neutron radiography to include X-ray radiography and X-ray CT. This position will work closely with customers to develop product requirements and with members of the sales and marketing department, engineering project management and development to ensure efficacy and continuity in product offerings and company goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish an X-ray (RT) NDT services offering at PNIC.
- Designate the methods, techniques and procedures to perform basic NDT evaluations based upon specific criteria.
- Author the RT NDT program in alignment with existing Quality System and Neutron Radiography program.
- Train other NDT staff in X-ray techniques.
- Developing NDT procedures for new products and improve procedures for current products.
- Assist production in setup of materials and jobs.
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring of NDT Technicians.
- Serve as an externally-facing technical point of contact for defining requirements with new and existing customers for both X-ray and N-ray services.
- Work with the sales, R&D, and operations team to support the onboarding of new customers.
- Interface with the Phoenix service department and external service vendors to ensure high quality and reliable operation of the existing X-ray CT system and other related X-ray technologies including digital detector panels.
- Interfaces with relevant X-ray standards organizations to ensure compliance of the product with applicable standards and regulations and serve as Phoenix’s representative with relevant regulatory bodies.
- Coordinate with Sales and Marketing in creating X-ray marketing content in the form of compelling demonstration images, to include X-ray / N-ray fusion images.
- Works closely with R&D to improve product performance in order to improve overall system responsiveness to market needs, including digital detector evaluation and integration, volumetric imaging implementation, etc.
- Support N-ray service operations and become a certified N-ray Level III radiographer over time.
- Certified RT level III Radiographer with ability to develop and approve NDT/QA/QC process and procedures.
- BS degree in physics, engineering, or related technical discipline.
- Current certification (ASNT NDT Level III RT and/or NAS410 Level III RT film & non-film radiography) .
- Ability to maintain current NAS410 Level III certification in Radiography.
- Ability to obtain Level III certification in neutron radiography.
- Proficient at qualifying and certifying employees according to NAS410.
- Fully capable of interpreting and evaluating test results in terms of existing Codes, Standards, and Specifications.
- Demonstrated 5+ years’ experience in X-ray based industrial nondestructive inspection.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing and complex priorities and schedules consistent with high level company objectives.
- Experience engaging directly with external customers highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are an absolute requirement.
Phoenix offers an exceptional benefit and compensation package in a transparent, collaborative team environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If this opportunity piques your interest and you feel Phoenix may be the organization for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
“Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.”