Phoenix is looking for interns to learn and support Radiography operations utilizing a state-of-the-art Dual Energy Neutron Radiography system and industrial X-Ray systems.
Interns assist engineering staff of all disciplines, including electrical, mechanical, controls, imaging, and research.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform radiographic operations and maintenance using radiographic film, direct reading flat panel detectors, phosphor storage imaging plates, and scanning equipment.
- Participate/maintain training and qualification program for radioactive material, nondestructive testing and explosives handling certification.
- Perform system upgrades, testing equipment, radiation surveys, and interlock systems checks.
- Operate, maintain, assemble, and disassemble moderately complex electrical and mechanical components and systems, using work control process and procedure requirements.
- Maintain systems documentation and experimental records.
- Perform facility related and technical functions such as maintenance, testing, and upgrades to equipment.
- Use advanced design, engineering, and scientific programs to produce supportive documentation and graphics.
- Identify, analyze, and provide solutions and alternate approaches to complex problems
- Enrollment in a nuclear engineering discipline preferred.
- Interest in science, physics, electronics, and/or mechanics.
- Ability to operate various hand and power tools.
- Intermediate skills and understanding of relevant technologies and processes, including radiographic film/digital imaging and variable energy x-ray and nuclear systems and possess the ability to solve hardware or system challenges.
- Ability to process parts, document and perform equipment standardization in accordance with approved work instructions.
- Ability to carry out any necessary preparation of parts before or after inspection in accordance with approved work instructions.
- Ability to conduct system performance checks in accordance with applicable process standards.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills, and ability to work effectively with all levels of management, technical, engineering, and scientific staff.