The Production Planner oversees the production planning and scheduling process. This position is responsible for coordinating and collaborating across teams to ensure an effective production process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, prepares, issues, and controls complex and/or diverse production schedules and material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
- Convert firm planned orders into work orders in both SAP and WRIKE for distribution to the manufacturing floor for execution.
- Monitor work order execution and report on schedule adherence and shop floor execution.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers on all assembly issues. Update work order’s to reflect bill of material changes, ensure rework requests are created, and any additional parts are ordered.
- Work closely with purchasing, receiving, material flow, and shop floor personnel to ensure all scheduled work orders can be completed without disruption.
- Collaborate with internal resources such as purchasing, product development, engineering, and sales for the phase-in of new products and phase-out of discontinued products.
- Advises management on the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed.
- Recommends changes to improve the planning process for assigned products.
- Evaluates and confirms materials supply is available to meet demand.
- Prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts to support a master production schedule, shop load, and inventory requirements.
- Coordinates cross-functional activities with quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, inventory control, shipping and receiving to ensure a smooth flow of materials through the production process and consistent information about status and priorities.
- Maintains configuration control on all open orders and appropriate data files as required by division policies and procedures.
- Applies continuous improvement techniques and methods to internal processes and systems to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical or trade publications, establishing networks, and/or participating in professional associations.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 5+ years relevant industrial warehouse, inventory, transportation logistics, or procurement experience
- Proficiency with SAP or similar enterprise resource planning system, including a strong inventory skill set (i.e. cycle count, research and adjustment experience)
- The ability to work effectively in an autonomous manner with strong process orientation. Must be result oriented with proven execution skills. Confident to concurrently manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Solid computer skills utilizing MS Office Suites and, Outlook and SAP materials management
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication and organizational skills. Must be able to effectively interrelate with internal and external customers. Ability to influence and collaborate across functions and businesses
- Keen attention to detail, integrity, excellent judgment, resourcefulness and creative problem-solving skills
- Quality or ISO background a plus