Reports To: Director of Operations
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Project Manager leads new product development at Phoenix. The Project Manager is responsible for the complete life cycle of a new product including coordinating the design, procurement, prototype, build and delivery of a customer-specific, custom neutron generator product.This leadership function includes developing and maintaining the planned schedule, budget and resources required for on-time delivery by coordinating the various activities required in research, product development, and supply chain, including responsibility for conformance to the applicable safety and regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works effectively with other functional managers, developing coherent, achievable project plans, schedules and milestones
- Defines measurable milestones (phases), critical path, implementation schedules, technical and schedule risks with mitigation plans and cost estimates for the project
- Ensures completion of these deliverables and the adherence to timelines; tracks milestones and timelines across projects and makes alterations when necessary to meet expectations
- Effectively organizes and coordinates project meetings or communications within the required project teams which will includes other departments as it relates to the project
- Detects program execution obstacles that potentially affect performance and/or the ability to meet agreed upon deliverables and takes timely preventative or corrective action to obviate them
- Ensures that project files are maintained in accordance with procedures and processes
- Analyzes short and long-term project and company resource needs
- Manages and maintains outsourcing relationships as needed
- Communicates regularly with management regarding the status of current projects. Obtains management guidance and approval as required to advance initiatives
- Ensures safety and quality considerations and requirements are pro-actively addressed and implemented in product design
- Coaches and mentors Project Managers/Engineers as required
- Participates in development of product strategy, product and business plans, and marketing requirements using industry and market experience and technical knowledge
- Instills quality-focused, results oriented attitude within the team
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or comparable technical degree. Suitable work experience in a technically related field may be considered in lieu of formal education
- At least 5 years’ experience in a technical industry, preferably leading an engineering team with responsibility for meeting strict deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Excellent group facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment.
- Good customer relations skills
- Strong project management skills demonstrated in a technical field such as scientific instrumentation, medical equipment or related industry.
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, tools, and software
- Experience in business processes such as product development, product release and quality control
- Solid understanding of the use of engineering tools such as SolidWorks, version control and defect tracking systems
- Experience in assessing and delivering to customer requirements
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills, including the use of standard office software programs including spreadsheet, word-processing, and project management applications
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
Phoenix offers an exceptional benefit and compensation package in a transparent, collaborative team environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If this opportunity peaks your interest and you feel Phoenix may be the organization for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
“Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.”