- Manufacture medical radioisotopes to support the treatment of thousands of patients that need it each day
- Non-destructively test turbine blades before they are assembled into jet engines
- Verify the quality of nuclear fuel rods prior to shipment to power plants
- Identify and locate buried explosive devices and concealed narcotics
- Develop cutting-edge particle accelerator technologies supporting clean fusion energy
- Many other developing market verticals leveraging Phoenix’s core neutron generation technology
The position of Non-Destructive Test (NDT) Services Sales Manager is responsible for leading the sales capture process at Phoenix’s Neutron Imaging Center (PNIC) near Madison, WI and a future center under development on the west coast from early-stage lead development and vetting and qualification of new business opportunities through proposal and closing. The Sales Manager, NDT Services will work as part of a team with generally assigned application and customer areas and will collaborate with company marketing and operational partners critical to success.
The ideal candidate is a sales professional accustomed to closing deals through substantial domain knowledge of NDT user markets, customers, and applications in manufacturing and other emerging industries with requirements for related services. Total compensation is composed of a base salary plus a generous commission program incentivized by closing multi-year deals and fostering repeat customer business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leverage targeted marketing materials and pricing catalogues to evaluate and pursue leads originating from:
- Phoenix web site
- Sales partner referrals
- Cold calling
- Knowledge of user marketplaces
- Incorporate operations and technical team contributions to deliver timely and responsive quotations.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of Phoenix neutron radiography and x-ray/CT offerings and market applications, with a focus on emerging automotive and machinery markets, batteries/power cells, and additive manufacturing industries.
- Understand prospective customer requirements and manage early-stage vetting and supplier qualification activities in pursuit of becoming a trusted supplier of NDT services.
- Manage new customer accounts with a focus on maintaining customer satisfaction, upselling increased service volumes, and discovering adjacent business opportunities.
- Attend conferences, exhibitions, and workshops to represent the company across various addressable NDT communities.
- A BS Degree (or equivalent work experience) with at least 5 years of related experience in sales or technical sales support in the area of NDT technology and/or services.
- Working knowledge of ASTM and ISO standards relevant to NDT methodologies, image quality, and quality control.
- Experience with marketing, selling, and negotiating multi-year service agreements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and collaboration skills and the ability to work with technical teams to create marketing content, white papers, and complex proposals.
- Desire and ability to interact regularly with customers, collaborators, partners, government funding agencies, and other external stakeholders on behalf of the company.
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) and business intelligence tools such as Salesforce and Deltek GovWin preferred.
- Travel: 25%+ expected
- Relocation to the Madison, WI area preferred.