NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Phoenix LLC is looking for an Senior Electrical Designer to help us design the next generation of Neutron Generator based Capital Equipment.
If you want a refreshing work environment and like to have fun, make money with great benefits, and be part of a great team with the best coworkers – then Phoenix is the right place for you! When you’re part of the Phoenix team, you’ll do important work, like helping our customers to:
- Manufacture medical radioisotopes to support the treatment of the 56,000 American patients that need it each day
- Test turbine blades before they are assembled into jet engines
- Verify the proper content of nuclear fuel rods
- Identify and locate buried explosive devices
The Senior Electrical Designer is responsible for specifying, designing, and drawing industrial power and control panels and their wiring to other system components. Design outputs for this position are schematics, assembly & test documentation, and bills of materials that will drive procurement, assembly, & test. The Electrical Designer collaborates closely with design engineers and scientists, validates electrical components and assemblies, and maintains the parts library. The ideal candidate for this position works well with all levels of the company including Engineering, R&D, Supply Chain, Production, and Service, collaborating as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Electrical design and specification of industrial power and control panels.
- Maintain and create component library
- Create wiring schematics of industrial panels
- Execute design verification tests in accordance with specifications and requirements
- Develop and document test and assembly processes and specifications
- Participate in engineering design reviews
- Associates degree in Electrical Engineering or comparable experience in electrical technology
- 5+ years’ experience designing industrial control panels to UL508A, NEC requirements
- Experienced in specifying components
- Experience with SolidWorks and SolidWorks Electrical or interested in learning is preferred
- Experience creating electrical parts for the SolidWorks part library.
- Good oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Able to work independently or collaboratively with engineers and assembly personnel
Phoenix offers an exceptional benefit and compensation package in a transparent, collaborative team environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If this opportunity piques your interest and you feel Phoenix may be the organization for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
“Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.”