NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Phoenix is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to work in a creative, fast-paced environment with lots of interesting and diverse projects. The Senior Electrical Engineer will help guide development & architecture of the system level electrical design of custom neutron generation capital equipment. This includes the design of panels, circuit boards, radiation hardened power supplies & other components, and of course, cables & harnesses.
If you want a refreshing work environment and like to have fun, make money with great benefits, and be part of a great team with the best coworkers – then Phoenix is the right place for you! When you’re part of the Phoenix team, you’ll do important work, like helping our customers to:
- Manufacture medical radioisotopes to support the treatment of the 56,000 American patients that need it each day
- Test turbine blades before they are assembled into jet engines
- Verify the proper content of nuclear fuel rods
- Identify and locate buried explosive devices
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in both design and test proactively confirming system and component capabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create system schematics using AutoCAD Electrical
- Read system requirements and translate those into electrical design requirements
- Develop and execute verification plans for designs
- Assist with system startup and commissioning
- Design PCBs using ORCAD
- Drive designs through complete development cycle through transition to production
- Coordinate with all disciplines to optimize system design
- Select electrical components and support selection of system components
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years industry design experience
- Knowledge of UL, NEC and NFPA standards
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical
- Experience with electrical cabinet design
- Skilled in laboratory environment
- Experience with electrical test equipment, including DMM, oscilloscope, and soldering
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work well on a team
- Strong Organizational skills
- Technical leadership skills preferred
Phoenix offers an exceptional benefit and compensation package in a transparent, collaborative team environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If this opportunity piques your interest and you feel Phoenix may be the organization for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
“Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.”