NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing project scope, and ensuring on-time, on-budget completion of projects with key customers and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction. The Project Manager must be able to properly coordinate and drive the various activities required to deliver upon contractual requirements and efficiently utilize internal and external resources available. They are responsible maintaining customer relationships, and for being a point of contact for all ongoing communications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes and manages project scope by effectively working between customers, functional managers, and external suppliers.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key strategic customers
- Responsible for developing coherent, achievable project plans, schedules and milestones
- Defines measurable milestones (phases), critical path, implementation schedules, technical and schedule risks with mitigation plans and cost estimates for the project
- Ensures completion of deliverables and the adherence to timelines, which flows directly into major project milestones
- Support proposal development by working with Sales team, Functional Managers and Supply Chain Management in scoping, estimating costs, developing baseline schedules and identifying project risks and mitigation strategies
- Effectively organizes and coordinates project meetings or communications within the required project teams which will includes other departments as it relates to the project
- Detects program execution obstacles that potentially affect performance and/or the ability to meet agreed upon deliverables and takes timely preventative or corrective action to obviate them
- Ensure completion of technical report writing by being able to either provide technical content, or by working closely with Subject Matter Experts to facilitating the process
- Track project costs and revenue milestones to efficiently manage project cashflow
- Coordinate with Accounting department to facilitate project invoicing and budget management.
- Analyzes and communicate short and long-term project and company resource needs
- Manages and maintains external vendor and subcontractor relationships as needed
- Tracks key project metrics and communicates regularly with management regarding the status of current projects.
- Ensures safety and quality considerations and requirements are pro-actively addressed and implemented in project execution
- Coaches and mentors Project Managers/Engineers as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or comparable technical degree. Suitable work experience in a technically related field may be considered in lieu of formal education
- 10+ years’ experience in a technical industry, preferably leading an engineering team with responsibility for meeting strict deadlines
- Experience working with government entities on large delivery orders ($5M+) and a firm understanding of the nuances of government contracting highly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Excellent group facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment. Good customer relations skills
- Strong project management skills demonstrated in a technical field such as scientific instrumentation, medical equipment or related industry. Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, tools, and software
- Experience in business processes such as product development, product release and quality control
- Solid understanding of the use of engineering tools such as SolidWorks, version control and defect tracking systems preferred
- Experience in assessing and delivering to customer requirements
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong computer skills, including the use of standard office software programs including spreadsheet, word-processing, and project management applications
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- DoD Secret clearance a plus
Phoenix offers an exceptional benefit and compensation package in a transparent, collaborative team environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If this opportunity piques your interest and you feel Phoenix may be the organization for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
“Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.”