NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to design and develop the process, techniques and tools to engage control systems and supporting software infrastructure for Phoenix’ neutron generators and ion implanters. This position works with a small team of software developers of mixed skillsets to drive forward Phoenix technologies. The ideal candidate will have significant experience developing software solutions for diverse and complex electro-mechanical systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architect and develop software for a custom control and analysis platform
- Develop core architectures with performance, modularity and code reuse in applications that support control system development
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Implement performance and quality modules
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Encourage and support an environment of continuous improvement.
- Serve as a Technical Lead contributing to and directing the efforts of software development team
- Mentor more junior Software Engineers to allow for skill/knowledge development through coaching, and training opportunities
- Strong proficiency in C++ & C
- Thorough knowledge of the standard library as specified by ISO and ANSI
- Experience with low-level threading primitives and real-time environments
- Familiarity with embedded systems design and low-level hardware interactions
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- BS degree in relevant engineering, programming, or scientific field, or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Experience with neutron detectors is highly desired
- C#, Python, Qt proficiency preferred
Phoenix offers an exceptional benefit and compensation package in a transparent, collaborative team environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If this opportunity piques your interest and you feel Phoenix may be the organization for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
“Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.”