We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to develop, mentor, and manage our Software Engineering Team, coordinate tasks, and help develop system architecture. This includes setting goals and assignments while motivating and leading staff as required to meet the objectives and deadlines of the projects as scheduled by the business. The Manager is charged with implementing and improving design and engineering processes and documentation in order to meet professional engineering standards and to meet or exceed ISO 9001/AS9100 requirements. At Phoenix, we program in several languages including C++, C#, Python, & LabVIEW.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the completion of deliverables and the adherence to timelines, making alterations when necessary to meet expectations.
- Hires, manages, and reviews engineers. Provides direction and motivation for these and any related teams of professional engineers and technicians.
- Works effectively with the project managers and other functional managers to develop coherent, achievable project requirements, plans, schedules, and milestones.
- Facilitates the accomplishment of project milestones within the assigned disciplines.
- Develops team standard operating procedures that ensure effective and professional product development. Ensures that these processes meet internal Phoenix design standards and auditable requirements for ISO 9001/AS9100.
- Develops the budgets and capital expenditure needs for the department.
- Develops partnerships with contractors to aid the team as needed.
- Supports Business Development efforts by participating in occasional customer interface and in supplying relevant technical information to meet customer bid requirements.
- BS Engineering/related field or equivalent experience; advanced education and/or related certifications are a plus
- 10 plus years’ experience in a technical industry, preferable leading an engineering team with responsibility for meeting strict deadlines
- Proficient leadership management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Adaptable to change in the work environment
- Demonstrated project management skills, with experience using project management principles, techniques, and tools
- Excellent computer skills: MS Office and software engineering specific tools
- Experience with business process in an ISO 9001 or similar environment