NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The position of Technical Sales and Commercial Operations Specialist is responsible for supporting the sales capture process from early stage vetting and qualification activities of new business opportunities in U.S. government and commercial markets through the quoting, proposal development, and negotiation stages. The Technical Sales and Commercial Operations Specialist will work as part of a team with generally assigned application and customer areas and will collaborate with company sales and technical partners critical to success. The ideal candidate will nurture a set of new customers over time and migrate to a direct sales role with his or her own book of opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and pursue leads originating from the company web site, sales partner referrals, and other means by developing targeted marketing materials, seeking technical team contributions, and managing on-ramping activities in customer qualification processes
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of all Phoenix technologies and market applications, with a focus on aerospace and defense industries
- Understand prospective customer requirements and manage early stage vetting and qualification activities in assigned domains including nondestructive testing, screening and detection, and other application areas
- Support sales team interactions with the Phoenix R&D, modeling, and simulation teams to develop technical data in support of customer presentations, abstracts, white papers, proposals, and funded development efforts
- Collaborate with Phoenix sales, R&D, and operations teams to manage price lists and catalogues, participate in developing and shaping winning proposals, and bolstering negotiations of terms and conditions and service and support contracts to close deals
- Attend conferences, exhibitions, and workshops on behalf of Phoenix across a broad range of technical disciplines
- A BS Degree in science, math, or engineering preferred, with 5 years of related experience in technology or product development or pre-sales technical support preferred
- Experience in aerospace and defense required; background in sales of capital equipment or related services in non-destructive testing (NDT) markets preferred
- Experience with marketing and selling long term service agreements, software-as-a service (SaaS), or other multi-year supply agreements is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication and collaboration skills and the ability to work with technical teams to create marketing content, white papers, and complex proposals
- Desire to interact regularly with customers, collaborators, partners, funding agencies, and other external stakeholders on behalf of the company
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) and business intelligence tools such as Salesforce and Deltek GovWin preferred
- Travel: 25% expected
- Relocation to the Madison, WI area required
Phoenix offers an exceptional benefit and compensation package in a transparent, collaborative team environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If this opportunity piques your interest and you feel Phoenix may be the organization for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
“Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.”