NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Phoenix is looking for a technical writing intern to assist in the creation of Phoenix documentation. This role assists in preparing and maintaining detailed programming, maintenance and operation instructions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the guidance of Senior Technical Writer, plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications
- Work with department heads and subject matter experts (SMEs) to ensure accuracy in documentation
- Coordinate with SMEs and managers to determine needs, gaps, and priorities
- Create document flow diagrams
- Document programming methodologies and toolkit use
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- High school diploma is required, enrollment in college is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
Phoenix offers an exceptional benefit and compensation package in a transparent, collaborative team environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If this opportunity piques your interest and you feel Phoenix may be the organization for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
“Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.”