Neutron imaging is a nondestructive testing method you might have heard of before, but probably haven’t had a chance to use. Despite being a powerful method for inspecting components in many industries, only a small community of NDT professionals are truly aware of neutron radiography, or N-ray.
Are you a part of this small community? Take our quiz to find out:
1. Neutron imaging is more useful than X-ray imaging for…
2. Neutrons, unlike X-rays, are better for penetrating…
3. Neutron radiation interacts most strongly with…
4. True or false: Neutron imaging can only be done with a nuclear reactor.
5. True or false: Neutron imaging can be used in field work.
6. Neutron radiation is produced by:
7. True or false: In neutron imaging, the collimator focuses the neutron beam using electromagnets.
8. Neutron imaging has not often been used as a nondestructive testing tool because…
9. Objects exposed to neutron radiation remain “hot” for how long?
10. What is the ASTM standard for neutron imaging?
Keep up-to-date on new developments in emerging NDT technology by subscribing to our monthly N-ray newsletter:
2555 Industrial Drive, Monona, WI 53713 (608) 210-3060
© 2019 Phoenix.
Phoenix, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Site by Alison Iddings via COO