Job Title: Service Engineer
Reports To: Service Manager
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Service Engineer develops field service requirements that are input to the design and engineering of Phoenix systems, including neutron generators, radiography systems, and ion implanters. This position works closely with the customer and engineering personnel to develop service requirements for each project and product. The Service Engineer provides service input for system architectures, assembly approaches / procedures, test approaches / procedures and durability and reliability requirements for a given design. This includes required uptime requirements, planned maintenance requirements, service spare (FSU) strategy, service tool requirements and break-fix methods. This position interacts with all disciplines to guide the development of effective field service support for Phoenix products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop service requirements to be used for detailed product design and show the traceability of those designs back to the service requirements.
- Participate in design reviews representing the customer and serviceability point of views.
- Provide leadership for a multidisciplinary design input to all areas of product development, debugging and testing for reliability, manufacturability and serviceability.
- Develop troubleshooting and break-fix routines for electro-mechanical systems, including high voltage power supplies, ion sources, accelerators, and automated control systems.
- Develop the listing of Field Replaceable Units (FPUs) for products and projects
- Guide development of system verification and validation test plans for serviceability.
- Provide technical support for escalated service actions.
- Contribute technical best practices for service maintenance and repair.
- Contribute in developing service costs information and inventory requirements.
- Provide input to Marketing and sales for customer quotations in terms of service programs and contracts.
- BS in a related Engineering discipline is required, MS is preferred
- 5 - 10 years of experience in Service, Electrical, Mechanical, Controls, or Systems Engineering.
- Experience in developing and supporting an international service capability
- Experience with high reliability systems design is preferred
- Strong technical skills with high voltage, ECR ion sources, and automated controls are preferred
- Experience in design for serviceability.
Phoenix offers an exceptional benefit and compensation package in a transparent, collaborative team environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If this opportunity peaks your interest and you feel Phoenix may be the organization for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
"Eligibility for employment is conditioned on the applicant's ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, applicant's eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check."