Neutron Imaging Services and Capabilities
The Phoenix Neutron Imaging Center will provide a range of cutting edge, neutron based non-destructive testing services and meet all the certifications and qualifications necessary to meet all customer and industry requirements. In addition to industrial and aerospace components, our center will be ATF/DoD compliant to accept energetic devices.
Standards and Qualifications
- Film neutron radiography will be compatible with ASTM E545-14 and ASTM E748-16
- Phoenix is actively working with ASTM to help develop a standard for digital neutron radiography
- Facility will be ISO9001, AS9100 and NADCAP certified
- Facility will be ASNT certification program compliant with SNT-TC-1A and NAS-410
Thermal Neutron Imaging Capabilities
- Ten 14x17" imaging ports
- ASTM Category 1 quality level
- Imaging of parts up to 14"x17"x6"
Fast neutron Imaging Capabilities
- Imaging of parts up to 14"x17"x12"
- Potential for longer parts with image indexing
Training And Neutron Research
- Training programs for certification of Phoenix neutron generator system operators and neutron radiography NDT methods will be available
- Neutron activation analysis
- Neutron gauging
- Epoxy cements and potting material inspections